This page has been created to accompany a workshop at
the giftEDnz Conference, 2012
Networking with the Online Gifted Community
A Workshop with Mary St George, from Gifted Online, a service of The Gifted Education Centre.
Here are the links you can use during and after the workshop session. You are very welcome to share them with colleagues and friends who were unable to attend, or to contact me with questions later. I'll challenge you to use Twitter or Facebook to do that, but if those are what you're having problems with, email email@example.com.
First we will be using Twitter to join #gtchat.
- http://twitter.com for Twitter.
- http://txgifted.org/gtchat for current #gtchat information.
- Please follow:
As you create your own Twitter accounts, please share your usernames so that we can all follow you.
- http://tweetchat.com/ to use TweetChat, and at http://tweetchat.com/room/gtchat the hashtag has been entered for you.
- We will discuss, but not use, TweetDeck, which requires a download. See http://www.tweetdeck.com/. The version you will be shown is Tweetdeck Chrome.
- I suggest following hashtags before people while you are new at using Twitter.
#gtchat, #gtvoice, #gtie, #nagc, #2ekids, and sometimes #gifted
#edchat, #spedchat, #cpchat, #duedchat, #engchat, #mathchat, #elemchat, #pbl
We will discuss, but not use, a range of other social media where there is something related to giftedness happening. The number of these we cover will depend on needs and time. They may include the following:
GO is a service provided by the New Zealand Centre for Gifted Education.
| For all enquiries about the Gifted Online Programme, please contact:
| Mary St George
| Lead Teacher for Gifted Online
| T: 07 849 4842
|| Freephone: 0800 547 543
|| Email: Please click here to send us a message.
| New Zealand Centre for Gifted Education Limited