Making Time for GO
If our video doesn't load in your browser, there is a Flash version in the gallery at the very bottom of the page.
Gifted Online students spend five hours of school time each week on their GO work.
To help fit this into a busy classroom schedule, we recommend that our partner teachers in regular schools use "Curriculum Compacting" as described by Joseph Renzulli and his associates. A quick and dirty summary of this is as follows:
- Pre-test units wherever possible.
- Consider what result you would expect from capable students on post-test. Note that this will usually be less than 100%.
- Where a student achieves this capable result on pre-test, that student should skip the unit or have it compacted - just cover a few key points that they have misunderstood.
- Ruthlessly eliminate repetition of material that is already mastered.
- The free time such students will have as a result is then available for more demanding work, such as work from Gifted Online.
To read more, please visit the following pages:
GO is a service provided by the Gifted Education Centre.